Petra Wildemann is a frequent event speaker and has given presentations on subjects connected with Cyber Risks, Impact on GDPR on various business lines, Epidemic and Pandemic Risks, Solvency II, Telematics, Life Insurance Models, Operational Transformation and Regulations.
Join us at the next SOA Webinar, which will take place in January 2019
Topic of the webinar: "Implications of GDPR in Actuarial Work"
We discuss the impact of Actuarial services and big data for the requirements of dealing with portfolio data in order to calculate premiums, reserves and liabilities for the insurance business lines.
The Big WordPress 5.0 Meetup
Join us on Wed Nov 7 at 6:00 at Liip in Zürich
Wordcamp Lausanne, 28-29 September 2018
We discuss the impact of GDPR on Actuarial work at the Wordcamp Lausanne on 28-29 September 2018.
GDPR has a special impact to Actuarial work, which deals with numbers, portfolios and requires personal data in order to do the calculations for pricing along the value chain for insurers. Actuarial work is often outsourced and requires the access of data.
In my discussion, I give use cases and examples what is the impact of GDPR to Actuarial work
Video of "Impact of GDPR on Actuarial work" at the Wordcamp in Lausanne.
Cyber Insurance Association Forum
20 September 2018
ARE SILENT & NON-AFFIRMATIVE CYBER RISKS EVERYWHERE?
Catastrophic Risks for Life Insurers - Pandemic Risks along the Value Chain
Bachelorseminarprogram for Catastrophes and Risk Management on 5 July 2017 at the University of Cologne
Within this year's bachelor programme at the University of Cologne, "Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät", the topics "Mitigation of Risks" in Life Satisfaction Approach, Terrorism, Cyber, Capital Markets and Pandemic were presented and discussed.
Petra Wildemann presented the topic "Catastrophic Risks for Life Insurers" and discussed the epidemic and pandemic risks along the value chain from zoonotic diseases to the risks in the food chain supply.
Renate Kerpen presented the topic "Silent Cyber", which refers to potential cyber exposures with respect to traditional policies from the view of a reinsurer.
The Swiss Chamber of Xponential invited to a seminar to present Crucial Conversations, which has taken place at 3 July 2018 at SCOR
Impact of GDPR Along the Risk Value Chain
Join us at the next GDPR session of the IIS, which will take place on June 29th 2018.
GDPR adds a new dimension to the risk management of cloud-based solutions. This seminar will highlight potential implications along the risk value chain.
It may turn out to be an important factor for the purchase decision of cyber insurance given the insurability of non-compliance costs like litigation, investigation, compensation and notification of impacted data subjects.
Join us at Switzerland’s #1 open platform for inspiring exchange on insurtech between startups, investors, academia, corporates, accelerators, politicians and other key stakeholders actively shaping the ecosystem. Every time, we bring in leading experts, innovators, movers and shakers to share their views and respond to your questions followed by a light apéro to make meaningful connections with other insurtech enthusiasts.
For June's event "Cybersecurity: (un-) insurable risks?" we are bringing to you perspectives from some of the leading experts in the field of cyber security. They will share with you their views on cyber threats and defensive measures against them as well as the extent to which insurance providers can (and want) provide protection in case of incidents.
SWISS INSURTECH MEETUP IN 2018
Next Swiss Insurtech Meetup is up - sign up below for 12 June and be scared! Because we will be talking cybersecurity... Proud and excited about yet another fantastic lineup of experts:
- The world is only starting to understand the different dimensions of ”cyber risks”: How do we measure leakage of IP or reputational damage?
- Regulation like GDPR is holding companies increasingly accountable for keeping their data secure.
- Cyber security is not just a big company challenge: SMEs in the cyber space are compared to an old lady being robbed for a tiny mount after going to the ATM – being “poor” is no safeguard.
What: Risk-!n conference is a two day event lining-up 35 international speakers in Risk Management, Security, Insurance and Resilience
Why: With this set-up we aim to break silos in companies in order to help organisation to better manage risks across the board.
How: During these two days you will experience moderatored sessions, high interaction with the audience, team work, networking evening and surprises.
RISK CONFERENCE IN 2018
Risk analysis tends to approach the future as an extension of the past.
It has been a wonderful experience as a speaker at the conference to discuss "Re-Insurance and Pandemic Coverage".
EVENTS AND WEBINARS FOR PANDEMIC AND EPIDEMIC RISKS AND CYBER RISKS IN 2016 AND 2017
Petra Wildemann was speaker on several events and webinars for Pandemic and Epidemic Risks
Speaker at the Life Conference "Identifying, Quantifying and Mitigating the Risk of Epidemics" (Birmingham, November 2017)
Identifying, Quantifying and Mitigating the Risk of Epidemics" (Birmingham, November 2017)
Speaker at the GIRO Conference "mitigating epidemic Risks" (Edinburgh, october 2017)
Speaker at webinars and Conferences
- Panel Session of FinTech ConnectLive Webinar on Data Economics: From Data with Love: How the data economy is impacting the insurance sector? (November 2017)
From Data with Love: How the data economy is impacting the insurance sector
- Speaker at the Panel FinTech ConnectLive Webinar for Data Economics (August 2017)
How important is Data in Economics | LinkedIn
- Speaker at the Webinar of the Academy's Health Practice International Committee (HPIC): A Global Look at Pandemic Risks) (June 2017)
A Global Look at Pandemic Risk | American Academy of Actuaries
- Keynote Speaker at SCOR's East-European client event "The Beaujolais Nouveau" to present the risk on epidemics and pandemics (Tel Aviv, November 2016)
- Speaker at the second European Congress of Actuaries “Big data and modern technology / cyber risk” (Brussels, April 2016)
EVENTS PRIOR TO 2016
- Speaker at the Session “Around the Globe – Taming Your Data” at the SOA – Society of Actuaries (Austin, TX, 2015)
- Speaker for the Topic “Managing your data – Cyber Risk and Insurability” at the AAE - Actuarial Association Europe (Bucharest 2015)
- Keynote Speaker at the Graduation Ceremony of the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Administration with a Specialization in International Management, ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, School of Management and Law in Switzerland (2013 and 2015)
- Guest Speaker at Strategic Risk - Predicting the Future of Insurance Regulation (2014)
- Keynote speaker at the University of Pune, India, to explain Solvency II and its impact on the Asian market (2012)
- Head of the training program and guest speaker of the International Actuarial Summer School in Budapest (2012 and 2013)
- Guest Speaker at ASTIN 2008 - International Actuarial Association for Solvency II and climate change feature at ASTIN (2008)